In order to do something different each week of the year, I have a list of challenges to undertake...

Sunday 27 October 2013

Week 43 - Make Christmas Decorations

There's a Christmas Fair at mum's church at the end of November each year, and they are always looking for donations for the various stalls (books, china, cakes etc), and as ever, she asked if I had anything that might fit the bill that I could contribute.

Well, I'd recently chatted with my colleague about Christmas crafts, and we'd been thinking about making Christmas decorations - I am a member of a monthly on-line sewing circle - and we're looking at all sorts of Christmas projects at the mo.

I figured that if I could donate some hand-made Christmas decorations from a design that we thought up between us for the sew-in; then they could be sold on the 'handicrafts' stall.

So this weekend I have been gathering fabric, ribbon, beads and bells; and cutting, sewing and embellishing.






This is what the finished tree decorations look like hanging from a makeshift tree - a couple of dozen more to finish, but in essence, that's my week 43 Challenge done!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love them Hazel. You'll have to put a pattern out for them. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the Christmas QAL this weekend, Sue, so I'll be putting a tutorial up then. Not sure if you'll be back on-line by then, but hope you can join us. :-)

      Delete